Friday, December 21, 2007

Adieu to the Bandra office

On the 1st of Jan, 2008, my landlord lands up at the office I've had for 8 years.
"I have sold the property, Ravi. You will have to vacate..."
For 8 years, we have inhabited this beautiful, quiet office in the by lanes of Bandra.
"Some misunderstanding...My sons made the deal when I was in America."
He has been a nice man to know all these years.
"I would not have thought about this had you not told me 3 years ago that you wished to shift to a bigger place..."
He is still a nice man cause he can face read me.
So be it. Welcome 2008 with the first poke!
We will leave this place with fond memories, attachments to moments stuck to these walls; ppms at midnight, diwali get togethers and ganesh aratis. Heated discussions, breakdowns, and the air filled with mirth and laughter. My assistants will remember the endless nights on edits, and the early mornings before the shoots...
Me and Swati will miss it for the warmth we infused in to it...I had designed the office interiors with all my love for Swati, while she was far away in Australia...

No comments: